[TYPO3-mvc] Tx_Extbase_MVC_Controller_Argument StoragePage

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Tue Jun 22 15:47:02 CEST 2010

Franz Koch schrieb:
> Hey Sebastian,
>
>> In Domain-Driven-Design, if an object is an aggregate root, if it is
>> deleted, it deletes all non-aggregate root children as well. However,
>> in Extbase this is not automatically done by default, as we always have
>> the TYPO3 backend where you can access all objects, not just the
>> Aggregate Root objects.
>
> if only aggregate roots should/can have a repository in DDD, how is one
> supposed to fetch objects/data for special needs the right way?

What special needs? If the data you request belongs to a model then you get it from it. If you think
about statistical data etc then the repository itself will give you the data (when you create the
special methods on it).

I haven't read the thread in full, but I have the impression that some here want to perform raw SQL
queries on the repository. They shouldn't. If you need a calculation done on the data within the
repository ask the repository for it. Do not ask it for raw records, ask it for the calculation results.

Masi