[TYPO3-mvc] mvc_extjs state of the art

Dennis Ahrens dennis.ahrens at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 21 18:09:29 CEST 2010

Hi Fernando,

Fernando Arconada wrote:
> what's the state of the art of the library mvc_extjs? is it continuous
> development? i've only seen changes in "view" branch but not in trunk and
> the documentation doesn't grow.
I'm currently working on the view branch.
> I'm studying extbase/fluid and now i want to create my own BE module
> based on extjs. Does mvc_extjs will  be the recomended way to write BE
> plugins with extjs?
I don't know if the way is recommended - next to me only a few people
had a look at how it works.
My main focus also lays on writing BE modules based on extjs. Most stuff
related to the ViewHelpers and the new DirectController is intended to
make life easier when working with extjs.
I look forward to write a RFC/sample about how to set up a BE module
using Ext.Direct together with extbase, fluid and mvc_extjs to get some
feedback in the near future. I think after that i'll talk with Xavier
about merging the branch to trunk.

> Are there any kind of coordination/collaboration between extbase/fluid
> team and mvc_extjs to not repeat the work or similar?
Not really - i try to be up to date about whats going on with extbase/fluid.

regards
Dennis