[TYPO3-mvc] FYI: added patch for support of TCA fields of type group (enables DAM support)

Thomas "Thasmo" Deinhamer thasmo at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 15:00:33 CEST 2010

Am 27.01.2010 16:01, schrieb Franz Koch:
> Hi,
>
>>> I just added a patch on forge [1] with a basic support for TCA fields of
>>> type "group" in extbase. The support for the type "group" is for now
>>> limited to group fields using DB relations to ONE foreign table. I'm not
>>> sure if comma separated lists of uids will be supported by this (haven't
>>> tested it), but group fields with MM relations will now work.
>>> So now you should get DAM records persisted in your objects. \o/
>>
>> The issue is related to #6232 and #6233 (IRRE setups). Beware that
>> that my patches change some of
>> the stuff changed in Franz's patch.
>
> I didn't notice #6232 so far - and yes, #6232 and my patch unfortunately
> conflict (#6233 not). At a first glance your patch only seems to support
> MM relations for group fields, whereas mine should also allow 1:1 group
> relations which are also possible use cases.
>
> So what to do now? Which way to go with the group field support?

Hello Franz,

do you know if there are any updates on the implementation of TCA group
fields, especially on the implementation for multiple database tables?

I'm in a need for this right now and just realized that it's not yet
supported by Extbase, so I need to decide if I can leave it as it is and
apply any working patch to Extbase or if I've to change the TCA.

Thanks for your help,
Thomas