[TYPO3-mvc] mvc_extjs patch and something to give back

Dmitri Pisarev dimaip at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 15:51:25 CEST 2010

Hi Dennis and Xavier!
On 04.06.2010 17:34, Xavier Perseguers wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> Dmitri Pisarev wrote:
>>> I have two questions:
>>> 1) I was using new viewHelpers from mvc_extjs extensively, but they
>>> are not very ready, so I had to patch it locally (many properties
>>> missing, some are miss-implemented, like autoLoad accepts not only
>>> bool, but config object as well, etc.). What shall I do, propose a
>>> patch to mvc_extjs, or extend those viewHelpers in my extension?
>>
>> Nice to hear that you've used the ViewHelper stuff contained in
>> mvc_extjs. I'm really looking forward to have a look at your changes and
>
> Me too! That means that the work you made (Dennis) is used by more than
> very few persons ;-)
Dennis, receive a HUGE thanks for your work!!! You write fantastic code!
This was my second ExtJs extension. My first extension did set extJs
code programatically from the controller, which resulted in 1200+ lines
of code of the controller and a huge mess. As a contrast, my second
extension's index.html is 25 lines long.
However my changes are nothing special, I have justed added support for
properties that I needed.

>> suggest that you post a feature request on the issue tracker related to
>> mvc_extjs on forge.
>>
>> http://forge.typo3.org/projects/extension-mvc_extjs/issues
I'll try to figure out how to do it over weekend. I never was into such
team work...

> Exactly! I'll try to reserve some time to have a deep look back into
> what's pending, what possibly does not work anymore as it should with
> latest changes in Extbase.
>
> @Dennis: we should think to merge your changes back to trunk in some
> near future...
You definitly should do so, as many people have not even heard of your
magic viewhelper stuff, including me, just by an accident I have spotted
your branch at forge.

Cheers,
Dmitri.