[TYPO3-mvc] mvc_extjs patch and something to give back

Dmitri Pisarev dimaip at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 14:34:13 CEST 2010

Hello dear list!
I was in need to create a basic ExtJs library module for our new
website. I use tt_news for backend storage, because it has very cool
NewsAdmin, which allows extensive use of categories.
Everything went really smoothly, and now my extension works, displaying
ExtJS GridPanel of tt_news, with filtering by categories and with remote
ordering and paging.

I have two questions:
1) I was using new viewHelpers from mvc_extjs extensively, but they are
not very ready, so I had to patch it locally (many properties missing,
some are miss-implemented, like autoLoad accepts not only bool, but
config object as well, etc.). What shall I do, propose a patch to
mvc_extjs, or extend those viewHelpers in my extension?

2) I really appreciate the help I receive in this lists, but feel
ashamed I do give nothing back, because I'm really just a newbie at
extbase. I have noticed a lack of extbase demo extensions, may be my
library extension could be of a help to someone? It's not 100% polished,
and I actually have a few questions how to polish it, but as a demo it
will work. What do you think?

Thanks for your support!
Dmitri.