[TYPO3-mvc] extbase_pager usage.

Braulio J. Solano-Rojas braulio at solsoft.biz
Thu Jul 29 04:23:56 CEST 2010

Hi.

El 27/07/2010 10:23 a.m., Fabian Fisahn escribió:
> Hi Braulio,
>
> On 23.07.10 07:34, Braulio J. Solano-Rojas wrote:
>> Hello.
>>
>> I have installed extbase_pager extension and I have added this in my
>> layout:
>>
>> {namespace m=Tx_ExtbasePager_ViewHelpers}
>>
>> And in my template I use something like:
>>
>> <m:pager />
>>
>> Am I missing something?  Because<m:pager />  is just rendered as is in
>> the HTML output.
>
> did you find a solution?

No.

> I thiink you have to get the page count by using
> $pageCount = Tx_ExtbasePager_Utility_Pager::prepareQuery($myQueryObject);
>
> But I don't know how to use this in the fluid template.
>
> Any suggestions?

I am clueless.  I followed the manual adding a new namespace.  However
the tag is interpreted as is.

I also tried creating my own helper class that inherited from the pager
helper class (in case that was the reason the helper was not loaded).

I am also using xdebug to trace code but I am just beginning the process
of "meeting" with extbase code, therefore I do not know sometimes where
to place my breakpoints.

IMHO, I think I rushed into using extbase.  IHMO too, extbase is not
feature complete despite the version is greater than 1.0.0.  I've been
having troubles with simple things... (like uploading a file).  And as a
MVC framework it does not follow the convention over configuration
philosophy (I have developed with CakePHP and RubyOnRails), therefore
development is not as agile as with those other frameworks (too much
code bureaucracy for my taste).  There are of course good points,
extbase is integrated with a CMS and extbase will standardize TYPO3
extensions and make them more maintainable (until now extensions were
very subjective from design patterns and code organization points of
view).  (Don't get me wrong, I still think TYPO3 is an excellent project.)

If I get the pager to work I'll send an email.

Best regards,

B.