[TYPO3-mvc] Random sorting without custom query?

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Thu Jul 22 19:38:28 CEST 2010

Hi Tobias,

> The random sorting works the way I want it. But now I have a conflict
> with the caching :(
>
> The user can decide which sorting should be used. And I'm using a cached
> controller action. But this is in the random scenario not the best idea
> ;). I tried to create another non-cached action which will be forwarded
> to, if the sorting is set to random. But at that point the TS is already
> computed with the cachable version of the extension, because the index
> action is called (it's my standard action). A redirect is not the
> solution I want.
>
> Any ideas to achieve a non-cached execution depending on flexform
> configuration?

no clean solution with the current extbase version - but maybe once the
bootstrap is up and running.

What you could do/try is to use the dynamic USER_INT feature of Typo3
available around 4.3 or so.

Just call this in your controller:
Tx_Extbase_Dispatcher::$cObj->doConvertToUserIntObject();
break;

Not tested, but could work somehow like that - although it will create
quite some overhead - so you should trigger that as early as possible in
your controller