[TYPO3-mvc] Random sorting without custom query?

Tobias Pinnekamp typo3 at tpinne.de
Thu Jul 22 16:30:18 CEST 2010

And hi again,

Am 22.07.10 15:44, schrieb Tobias Pinnekamp:
> Hi Franz,
>
> Am 21.07.10 12:11, schrieb Franz Koch:
>> I was facing the same problem once and also didn't want to build all the
>> possible constraints by my own when the QOM is doing such a good job at
>> it - so I did a little research and found kind of a "clean" hack :)
>
> Great workaround. Works like a charm, even if it is no official API.
>
> Thx,
> Tobias

The random sorting works the way I want it. But now I have a conflict
with the caching :(

The user can decide which sorting should be used. And I'm using a cached
controller action. But this is in the random scenario not the best idea
;). I tried to create another non-cached action which will be forwarded
to, if the sorting is set to random. But at that point the TS is already
computed with the cachable version of the extension, because the index
action is called (it's my standard action). A redirect is not the
solution I want.

Any ideas to achieve a non-cached execution depending on flexform
configuration?

Big thx,
Tobias