[TYPO3-mvc] Fluid ViewHelper Incubator

Thomas "Thasmo" Deinhamer thasmo at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 20:55:02 CEST 2010

Martin Kutschker wrote:
> It's common in Austria to separate country and area code with slashes. You can add even an extra
> slash between country and area code (eg +43 / 1 / 653 234 56)

Yes, indeed - I'm from Austria, too. ;o)

I'll spend some time later, to come up
with a new version of the view helper.

Here I found some kind of document which
specifies how to format a phone number:
http://www.itu.int/rec/T-REC-E.123-200102-I/e

But I'm not sure if it's useful, because -
as you already pointed out - it seems noone
respects a formatting standard or at least
noone relies on a standard, just on different
"formatting behaviors" which form some kind of
"lazy standard". :>

Later,
Thomas