[TYPO3-mvc] ColumnMap: relations to tables with key field other then the UID (f.e. static_countries)

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Thu Jul 8 00:31:40 CEST 2010

Hey there,

anybody already managed to map static_countries onto a model property,
where the property value is not the UID of the static_country item but
f.e. the cn_iso_3 code?

Example: In the database the country is f.e. store as DEU or USA or AUT
(iso_3 code) and I like to map that value to the static_countries table
which I created a model for.

I did a quick try but didn't succeed so far. Even a first attempt to add
such a feature by setting a setChildKeyFieldName in the columnMap did
not succeed so far.

As I need the solution right away I'll use some workaround for now, but
as this might be a feature more people might need we should find a way
to enable this if it's not working already by some tweaked TCA which I
didn't find out so far.