[TYPO3-mvc] Interfaces or abstract classes as action arguments?

Dennis Ahrens dennis.ahrens at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 2 12:12:47 CEST 2010

Hi Masi,

Martin Kutschker wrote:
> Without single table inheritance it won't work (my experience). eg I had an extension that extended
> the class, so I had to overwrite all actions in my own controller just to get the right model. I'm
> not happy with the proposition to pass in the class name to the controller. A simple extension of
> the base class (*no* single table inheritance) could be configured in TS. Are there other uses cases
> then single table inheritance?

E.g.:

You want to write a controller that renders a history for several records.

Than the showAction should look like this (if we want to handle each
object model).

public function showAction(Tx_Extbase_DomainObject_AbstractEntity $object) {
	// whats done here is not relevant
}

I see many use cases where it would be nice to write actions that handle
objects of a type defined as abstract class or interface. Actually you
can realize this only by handing over classname and uid to the action
and doing the object reconstruction by yourself inside the action. IMO
it would be nice if the controller can take care of this features when
doing the mapping of the GET/POST arguments to the action method arguments.

regards
Dennis