[TYPO3-mvc] Interfaces or abstract classes as action arguments?

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Fri Jul 2 11:18:54 CEST 2010

Am 02.07.2010 10:48, schrieb Dennis Ahrens:
> Hi Jochen,
>
> Jochen Rau wrote:
>> This should already work without passing the class via GET/POST. But you have to configure the
>> class hierarchy via TS. Search this list for "Single Table Inheritance" for an example.
>
> it is not working with and without single table inheritance by configuring the subclasses in TS.

Without single table inheritance it won't work (my experience). eg I had an extension that extended
the class, so I had to overwrite all actions in my own controller just to get the right model. I'm
not happy with the proposition to pass in the class name to the controller. A simple extension of
the base class (*no* single table inheritance) could be configured in TS. Are there other uses cases
then single table inheritance?

Masi