[TYPO3-templavoila] TemplaVoila future...

Kay Strobach typo3 at kay-strobach.de
Mon Jun 10 08:04:14 CEST 2013

Hello Philipp,

I'm very thankfull to all the maintainers of TV, many sites i maintain
are still based on TV and TVFramework. Tolleiv and all the others always
did / do a great job.

Please don't get me wrong, but i think some would also cheer if somebody
would announce the end of extbase :(

There is a project, which tries to provide an alternative called
fluidpages / fluidcontent from Claus Due.

Additionally I'm currently working on an extension to provide an
standardized way of handling themes in TYPO3 (compat with gridelements
and fluidcontent / fluidpages).

Perhaps we can you forces to get it working again. Having the TV DS it
should be easy to atleast convert all TVF skins to ext:themes themes.
Hopefully I'm able to publish a prototype in the next days :D

Thanks Tolleiv
Thanks Dimitry
Thanks Kaspar
Thanks Jigal for bringing up this discussion!

Regards
Kay

Am 09.06.13 16:07, schrieb Philipp Gampe:
> Hi Oliver Hader,
>
> Oliver Hader wrote:
>
>> The mentioned "alternatives" like GridElements or DCE are nice but not
>> complete if it comes to the mapping part - a lot of things have to be
>> done in a very technical way, far away from actual content rendering.
>>
>> One idea could be to extract or replace the mapping part ("see what you
>> get") to have it available for other "solutions" as well. I've
>> kick-started a draft some days ago on GitHub [1]. This functionality has
>> been there in TemplaVoila for ages...
>
> +1
>
>> Since TemplaVoila is used in many websites, at least the compatibility
>> issues with newer TYPO3 6.x versions need to be addressed by the
>> community (and active contributors, which are part of that community as
>> well).
>
> I prefer if those using TemplaVoila would also actively support creating
> migration code and tutorials and to enhance the modern tools until they have
> the full feature set of TemplaVoila.
>
> I consider dam->fal and tt_news->news migration tools to be more important
> than TV. Thus to me TV is 3rd priority, most likely falling behind due to a
> lag of time.
>
> Best regards

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!
Get involved: http://typo3.org

Answer was useful - feel free to donate:
  -
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=KPM9NAV73VDF2
  - https://flattr.com/profile/kaystrobach