[TYPO3-templavoila] TemplaVoila future...

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Sun Jun 9 16:07:43 CEST 2013

Hi Oliver Hader,

Oliver Hader wrote:

> The mentioned "alternatives" like GridElements or DCE are nice but not
> complete if it comes to the mapping part - a lot of things have to be
> done in a very technical way, far away from actual content rendering.
>
> One idea could be to extract or replace the mapping part ("see what you
> get") to have it available for other "solutions" as well. I've
> kick-started a draft some days ago on GitHub [1]. This functionality has
> been there in TemplaVoila for ages...

+1

> Since TemplaVoila is used in many websites, at least the compatibility
> issues with newer TYPO3 6.x versions need to be addressed by the
> community (and active contributors, which are part of that community as
> well).

I prefer if those using TemplaVoila would also actively support creating
migration code and tutorials and to enhance the modern tools until they have
the full feature set of TemplaVoila.

I consider dam->fal and tt_news->news migration tools to be more important
than TV. Thus to me TV is 3rd priority, most likely falling behind due to a
lag of time.

Best regards
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!