[TYPO3-templavoila] Adapting RTE width per DS and Data element

Kay Strobach typo3 at kay-strobach.de
Fri Sep 28 14:00:26 CEST 2012

Hi Gabe,

have you ever heard about TCA = Table Configuration Array?

Please take a look to this example

  <TCEforms type="array">
	<label>Inhalte</label>
	<config type="array">
		<type>group</type>
		<internal_type>db</internal_type>
		<allowed>tt_content</allowed>
		<size>5</size>
		<maxitems>200</maxitems>
		<minitems>0</minitems>
		<multiple>1</multiple>
		<show_thumbs>1</show_thumbs>
	</config>
  </TCEforms>

In TV you have some xml structures, one for rendering and the global
processing, which also holds the form configuration (see edit
datastructure).

In the datastructure you should find something similar to the wrapping
nodes in my example (which is not for an rte)

You may apply additional config in the way described in the TCA Doku.

http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/core-documentation/doc_core_api/4.1.0/view/4/2/

BE AWARE, the config describes php datastructes, you need to write it as
XML!

Regards
Kay