[TYPO3-templavoila] Adapting RTE width per DS and Data element

Webmaster ICLEI European Secretariat webmaster.europe at iclei.org
Fri Sep 28 12:19:28 CEST 2012

Hi Kay,

I inserted following Typo3script into the [Typoscript code] field in the
[Data processing] fields of the TemplaVoila DS data element .

RTE.default.contentCSS = /fileadmin/templates/project/css/rte_sidebar.css
TCEFORM.tt_content.bodytext.RTEfullScreenWidth= 200
RTE.config.tt_content.bodytext.RTEWidthOverride = 200

This code does appear in the generated XML for the element inside the
<TypoScript> tags of the concerning element.

So this looks fine to me, but the typoscript is just not used for the RTE
configuration.

As far as I'm aware it should overwrite the Typoscript which is given in
the parent Page TS (which it takes as default), but this is not the case.

I'm just wondering if the Typoscript in the individual DS element is just
not used to "update/overwrite" the Page TS content.

Is there another field or place to make data elemnt specific TS setup in TV
apart from the DS [Data processing] fields?

Best
Gabe

On 20 September 2012 10:07, Kay Strobach <typo3 at kay-strobach.de> wrote:

> Hi Gabe,
>
> i think it is, have you taken a look into the ds xml tv generated for
> the rte field?
>
> If i remember right, there should be  an element where you can configure
> all settings like in a normal flexform.
>
> Regards
> Kay
>
> Am 19.09.2012 15:35, schrieb Webmaster ICLEI European Secretariat:
> > Hello everybody,
> >
> > is it possible to adapt the RTE in the BE for different TV data elements
> > individually?
> >
> > E.g. individual RTeditor width via Typoscript
> > RTE.config.tt_content.bodytext.RTEWidthOverride = 500
> >
> > or different stylesheets with
> > RTE.default.contentCSS = /fileadmin/templates/css/rte-sidebar.css
> >
> > I inserted the Typoscript into the Data structure "Data
> > processing"-"Typoscript Code" field, but it made no difference.
> > I'm using T3 4.5 and TV 1.7
> >
> > ( I could not find anything in the TV manual and searching the net for
> > things like "templavoila RTE width" didn't produce any relevant results.
> > Am I searching for the wrong keywords since I thought this should be a
> > common issue. I am happy for any hint)
> >
> > Thanks
> > Gabe
> >

> --
> http://www.kay-strobach.de - Open Source Rocks
>
> TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!
> Get involved: http://typo3.org
>
> Answer was useful - feel free to donate:
>   -
>
> https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=KPM9NAV73VDF2
>   - https://flattr.com/profile/kaystrobach

Webmaster
ICLEI European Secretariat
ICLEI - Local Governments for Sustainability, European Secretariat
Leopoldring 3, 79098 Freiburg, Germany
Phone:   +49-761 / 3 68 92-0
Fax:   +49-761 / 3 68 92-19
E-Mail:   iclei-europe at iclei.org