[TYPO3-templavoila] advanced problem with SE/CO elements

Manuel Kammermann manuel.kammermann at unibas.ch
Tue Feb 21 18:13:35 CET 2012

Hi list,

I am dealing with the following:

- I want to create an FCE to standardize some input for the FE-output
- the form shall have various parts with repeatable elements
- If for any reason one of these parts has no elements, the according
label should not be rendered at all.

- TYPO3 version 4.5.5
- TV version 1.5.5

I tried the following:

HTML-Structure of a repeatable Element
-------------------------------------

   <label>bla</label>

This is the minimum structure I need

TemplaVoila (1st attempt):
--------------------------

- mapped the Section to <table>/OUTER
- mapped Container to <tr>/OUTER
- mapped elements into <td>s

Result: I get my repeated elements as I want, and structure is fine,
BUT: if no elements are entered, <label>bla</label> is still rendered.

TemplaVoila (2nd attempt):
--------------------------

- mapped the Section to <div class="one">/OUTER
- mapped Container to <tr>/OUTER
- mapped elements into <td>s

Result: I get my repeated elements as I want, BUT the structure is
corrupted as everything between the <div class="one"> and <tr> is not
rendered, ALLTHOUGH: if no elements are entered, <label>bla</label> is
not rendered.

- I also tried wrapping SO or CE etc. as you may know, this is not possible.

THOUGHTS:
---------

- I think what is within the section and wraps the container should be
rendered as well, unless there are no elements in the container, which
then should exclude the entire section from rendering.

- probably any ideas for a workaround ??

Cheers!!