[TYPO3-templavoila] migration to templavoila_framework

Andreas Becker ab.becker at web.de
Wed Mar 16 17:50:05 CET 2011

Hi Thomas

we did today several conversion and as it was quite boring and we not really
were so much motivated to convert sites which still where never updated vrom
2004 and 2006 we did the following to make it much much faster and our life
much much relaxter

Setup a WEC Starter Package.

and than make .t3ds of your existing content branches (if the site is very
big) or even the whole site from root (exclude the old default main
template!). They can even be bigger than 30 or 40 MB but than you need to
upload them direct into fileadmin/_temp

As a next step you simply import all your .t3ds again into the WEC Starter
Package just below the rootpage. It is quite easy now to move around the
branches with drag and drop and so you can repaste your site structure.

This way we were able today to convert a multilingual site (german/english)
and standard templating to propper utf8 and inserting all elements including
their images in just 1hour and one step, while most time was waiting until
the .t3ds where build and reimported in the new site again. 800 pages 2300
CEs and a whole lot of images.

In another 2 sites one standard templating TYPO3 3.8.1 (2006 incl lz
gallery) and the otherone old TV from 2004 we did in another 2 hours the
same way. Before we upgraded all sites to propper TYPO3 4.5.2 and than did
the same steps as above and it just worked out perfect and without no
worries. Actually the only problem we really had was this lzgallery as it
was blocking at the beginning and did not want to get deinstalled. Tomorrow
the site with thousands of images and lots of albums will gets its new
pictures and albums done with the new yag gallery :-) uff.

The WEC starter package was also here a great help and the converted sites
worked instantly (only the design needs now to be customized to the needs of
the customer. Some - really only a few links between those branches where
lost and had to be redone (take notes about the error messages after you
exported and imported the site than it is very easy to find the exact place
of missing linkages. Thanks to Ron and WEC Team - without your help we would
not have been able to manage this task in only half a day without any
special database queries and replacing many things. It is really worth a
trial to do this first and perhaps you are also lucky like we and everything
just works out fine with the .t3d imports.

Important would be that you set your timeouts and the down and upload sizes
in php/mysql to a high values which machtes those big .t3ds.

Andi