[TYPO3-templavoila] TV 1.5 - tag icons within mapping interface...

Patrick Gaumond gaumondpatrick at hotmail-no-spam.com
Fri Sep 17 20:40:58 CEST 2010

On 2010-09-16 09:06, Ron Hall wrote:
>> TYPO3 4.5 (Long Time Support version) will support IE6. If TemplaVoilà
>>> wants to be taken seriously it simply has to support it too.
>>
>> Good point - going to take care of IE6 for 1.5.
>
> That is fine as long as it is not too much of a hassle, but let's remember that the user of the TV mapping interface is much different than a general editor of TYPO3. Only a developer/site builder should be in that interface, and any such person had better not be using IE6 as their primary browser.

TV isn't part of the Core so we're not *forced* to support IE6 here.

And as using TV means being an admin, I'm not sure in real life that a
professional webmaster is forced to use Ie6 even in highly locked GPO
policies Windows environments...

If TV 1.5 is "usable" under IE6 me thinks it's enough.

Patrick