[TYPO3-templavoila] Static and non-static DS?

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Mon May 31 18:04:00 CEST 2010

Hi,

>> OK, so just to clarify further:
>>
>> - I have an existing web site with DS for both pages and FCEs
>> - I would like to create new page DS as static DS
>> - I would like to leave my FCEs untouched
>>
>> How do I go about that? Should I enable the static DS, but *not* use
>> the conversion wizard?
>
> yes, that would be the way.
> If EM work is finished i will spend more time on it to see the missing
> things and help with such usecases.

I finally tried this and it doesn't work. The moment I turn static DS
on, I lose the references to all the page templates and FCEs. This means
that the TV BE module complains about lost TOs. In the same way, the
selectors for a template design in the page properties says that I have
an invalid value (and same for tt_content and FCEs).

The only thing that still works is that - as long as I don't touch
anything - all those page templates and FCEs are still found in the FE
and the web site still displays ok. But in the BE it seems like it must
be either all static or not at all, but both modes cannot be mixed with
the current version (1.4.3).

Cheers

--

Francois Suter