[TYPO3-templavoila] Need users opinion

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Wed Mar 3 10:54:18 CET 2010

Hi Dmitry,

> I need your opinion on a look change in TV. Please, have a look at these
> two images:
> http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/3673/tv01.png
> http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/453/tv02.png
>
> My questions are:
> - isn't it an overhead to have a "Tag" column? HTML tag is always
> visible in the "Content" column, so that "Tag" column does not look like
> a useful addition

For header parts, it's true that it does not provide anything "more".

> - do tag images look out of general Backend style to you? They look very
> foregign to me. They are "modern", "cool" and whatever but they are of
> totally different style

It does not hurt me. In fact I find it more appealing but what I really
miss in the mapping tab is an easy way to overview "where" is actually a
data element mapped in the template, something like the content part in
header parts I guess. Perhaps some context as tooltip?

> In my opinion "Tag" column should be removed because it only distracts
> by its bright colors and do not add any value for mapping. Also I would
> revert to use more conservative images for tags. Having one style is
> good. Having many styles in the same application mean havoc.
>
> Opinions?..

Perhaps the gradient may be removed to better match the rest of the
backend and data element icons but I pretty like the different colors
there. In fact, I do not remember anymore (and don't have time yet to
take an old docu) how the icons looked like in the past.

Cheers

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en