[TYPO3-templavoila] Page Module Look in Trunk

Ron Hall ronslists at busynoggin.com
Wed Jul 28 05:12:08 CEST 2010

Hello All,

I think we had some discussion on this earlier but I could not find the
thread so forgive me for starting a new one.

Anyway, I finally got to look at the work currently in trunk and have
some feedback about the icons and look of the CEs.

I have attached an image containing an A, B and C version. In each case
these images are what the CE looks like when hovered.

A) This is how it is currently. Keep in mind that when not hovered the
top bar is a light gray and all the info inside it disappears including
the title. I think it is good the other items disappear but not the title.

B) This version is after a patch by Jeff Segars has been applied. This
more closely resembles the look in the 4.4 classic page module. The
single CE icon and the title have moved under the bar and are always
visible even when not hovered. I believe this is important as the title
is often essential when identifying FCEs and other elements. The editing
icons only show up when hovered. You can contact Jeff for the patch.

C) This is a suggestion from me. It is the same as B except the delete
icon is floated to the right. I believe the unlink icon should also be
on the right next to the delete icon although I do not show it in this
image. Unlinking and delete actually get rid of the CE and to me are
more extreme actions than those of the other icons. Therefore I think it
makes sense to separate them. This also keeps the string of icons from
being so cluttered.

I will say that overall I like the concept of the top bar being light
and empty until hover where it darkens and shows the edit icons. I think
that keeps the page less cluttered and easier for the editor. Once the
version using this design comes out, I intend to get rid of the green
color in TV framework and simply use this coloring.

Thanks for the good work,
Ron