[TYPO3-templavoila] StaticDS and multisites

Bastian Waidelich bastian at typo3.org
Mon Jul 26 17:31:46 CEST 2010

Tolleiv.Nietsch wrote:

Hi Tolleiv and thanks for your detailed explanation.

> The purpose of having the DS as an external XML file is to have the
> chance of (SVN based) versioning [...]

Exactly that's what I need it for and that's why I have created a simple
extension a long time ago, that "hacked" this feature into TV
(http://forge.typo3.org/projects/extension-np_includeds).

> A long term solution could/will be a mixed solution - having the record
> based Datastructure carrying all the meta information but with an
> external file-based Datastructure-XML.

To be honest, I'd personally prefer a solution that allows versioning of
all required meta-information. If you store e.g. the images in a DB
record, developers will have to maintain them in all instances (dev
site, test site, live site, ...).
I think, we should even have file based mapping rules (maybe TS...).

Saying that, I know, that TV is a huge project and such changes are
probably very hard to incorporate.. Anyways, I'm just sharing my dreams ;)

 > Hi - as a short-term solution your patch might be relevant
 > and even for long-term scenarios the TSConfig-based
 > setting makes somehow sense.

I'll work on a patch as I'll definitely need this feature for an
upcoming project.

Thanks again
Bastian