[TYPO3-templavoila] Feature Request: Manage JS/CSS files in TO with class.tslib_pagegen.php

Fernando Arconada falcifer2001 at yahoo.es
Sat Jan 16 15:53:31 CET 2010

El Sat, 16 Jan 2010 06:57:47 -0600, Ron Hall escribió:

> Hi Fernando,
>
> I looked at your feature request. I could not see how to add a note on
> in the bug tracker so I will just comment here.
>
> If I understand correctly what you want it is a way to specify CSS and
> JS files that would be included in the head of the page on the front end
> when that FCE is placed on the page.
Not only in the header, also in the footer (for JS

> That would be a good feature but my guess has some special challenges
> trying to code it. Here are things that I see would need to be addressed
> with such a feature.
>
> 1) Accommodation would need to be made that if an FCE were included more
> than once on a page that your JS and CSS files would only be included
> once. 2) If the same JS / CSS files were assigned to two different FCEs
> and both of those FCEs were included on a page then the JS / CSS files
> would only be included once on the page. 3) When the JS / CSS files for
> FCE s were included in the head of the document that they would be
> listed after any files included by the page template or by headerData of
> the PAGE object. This is because JS libraries (jQuery, Prototype, etc.)
> and base CSS is normally included by those methods and your FCE JS would
> need to be included after those base assets.

To include the files only once the user should write a key-name for each
JS/CSS
> Currently you can include header data for FCEs using the "header parts"
> tab but you run into the issues I mention above.
>
> What I currently do when I have this need is to have the FCE load a
> unique register value like "includeSWFObject = 1" and I then test for
> that register value  in  my page object. If the value tests positive
> then I include it the header code. Admittedly, this is not as nice as
> having it built into TV but it works now and takes care of all the
> issues I mentioned above.
That kind of TS it is what it try to avoid. Also with this patch
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=13074
could help
I should be great to have this patch in the core and also the my request
at TV

Kind Regards

Fernando Arconada