[TYPO3-templavoila] Little problem with TV and Gifbuilder

Christophe Stadler cs at cs-cc.com
Fri Apr 9 16:21:40 CEST 2010

Hello,

I have a little problem, previously i had some typoscript in my templates
setup to automagically generate a graphical header of the current page
title:

page.5 = IMAGE
page.5.file = GIFBUILDER
page.5.file {
  XY = 430,55
  transparentColor = #FFFFFF
  20 = TEXT
  20.text.field = title
  20.text.case = upper
  20.nicetext = 1
  20.maxWidth = 400
  20.offset =10,40
  20.fontSize= 40
  20.fontFile = t3lib/fonts/DidotLH-BoldOsF.otf
  20.fontColor = #660000
}

This worked perfectly but I now wanted to try to achieve the same thing only
by mapping it through TV with a Typoscript Object path,

so i mapped a div in Templavoila and named the typoscript object path

lib.bigHeader

I then modified the setup like this:

lib.bigHeader = IMAGE
lib.bigHeader.file = GIFBUILDER
lib.bigHeader.file {
  XY = 430,55
  transparentColor = #FFFFFF
  20 = TEXT
  20.text.field = title
  20.text.case = upper
  20.nicetext = 1
  20.maxWidth = 400
  20.offset =10,40
  20.fontSize= 40
  20.fontFile = t3lib/fonts/DidotLH-BoldOsF.otf
  20.fontColor = #660000
}

I had to switch off "Pass content through htmlSpecialChars (HSC)" in the TV
mapping dialog otherwise it would output the HTML source.

I now get what i was expecting, a .png file integrated into my mapped div,
only that there is no text, the PNG file is empty.

Not sure why the title tag is not read/printed into the PNG, do i have my
adressing wrong ?

Thx for any help with this ....

Kind Regards, Chris