[TYPO3-templavoila] Is Templavoila in a stable version / a matureextension

Thomas Rehhoff thomasr at REMOVETHISlinkfactory.dk
Sat May 16 15:39:09 CEST 2009

Hi, I work at a TYPO3 consultancy house in Denmark, and we rarely ever use
traditional templating. TV has so many advantages compared to traditional
templating, especially for the end user (editors) who have a hard time
grasping the concept of 4 columns named "left, content, right and border -
ie. what is "border" anyway - where does content go? With TV you can mimick
the layout of each page template just as it's viewed in the frontend.

Also the flexibility of Flexible Content Elements is a developers and
adminstrators dream, because with those we can create frameworks that
immensly speed up production time and we can tailor specific needs for
content elements for each client, thus alieveating the workload for the
administrator. An example, say you want to create a member list. Each member
is represented with a header, an image and some text. normally editrs could
spend a lot of time getting the content positioned right in the rich text
editor. With FCE's we simply create the HTML structure and create a content
element, where the editor only has to write the name, insert the image and
write the text, but no need for time consuming arrangements of the content -
HTML/CSS take care of that and that's what a CMS system should do anyway +
gives you concistent layout on the webpage. Possibilities are endless with
FCE's.

I definitly would say TV is matured. Next version has some promising
additions as well - if the developers are to be believed ;)

Kind regards

Thomas Rehhoff

"Martin Bernt Rud" <martin.b.rud at gmail.com> skrev i en meddelelse
news:mailman.1446.1242367631.4032.typo3-project-templavoila at lists.netfielders.de...
Hi list,

I think the concepts of TV is great, both from point of developer view and
editor view. But I haven´t tried it yet on a "real" website project since I
have not been able to figure out if TV is a recomended way to do things.

Så my question can be frased in to ways:

- Is Futuristic Template Building recomended over Modern Template Building
or is TV still under early development? (or is it more a matter of taste
what to use)
- Is TV extension mature/stable?

Regards,
Martin