[TYPO3-templavoila] using userFunc inside DS

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Sun Jul 5 20:27:10 CEST 2009

Hi,

> The displayed code is then 'USER' and not my expected value from my
> function...
>
> Can you help me to understand my mistake ?

First of all, the temp object cannot be used with TemplaVoilà. You
should use the lib object instead. Anyway the FCE is not the place to
declare such an object. It should be in your main TS template.

Anyway why don't you do 20 = USER right away?

I must say I've never tried using user functions directly inside a FCE,
but it sure works at a "lower" level. See for example the code used by
kb_tv_contslide:

	10= RECORDS
	10.source.postUserFunc = tx_kbtvcontslide_pi1->main
	10.source.postUserFunc.field = field_banner
	10.source.postUserFunc.languageFallback = 0
	10.tables = tt_content
	10.wrap = <!--TYPO3SEARCH_begin--> | <!--TYPO3SEARCH_end-->

So if using USER directly is not possible, then it should definitely be
possible to do something like:

10 = TEXT
10.preUserFunc = ...

or