[TYPO3-templavoila] FCE loses translations after "Create local copy"

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Fri Feb 27 10:23:38 CET 2009

Hi Ian,

Ian Solo schrieb:
> Hi Steffen,
> thank you for keep on following this thread...
>
> Steffen Kamper wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Ian Solo schrieb:
>>> I created a bug report for the issue that I explained in this thread.
>>> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=10552
>>
>> thanks.
>> Please reread the doc here [1] to be sure using the right concept (i
>> know language settings are very complex)
>>
>> vg Steffen
>>
>> [1]
>> http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/core-documentation/doc_l10nguide/1.0.0/view/1/3/#id3988857
>

> if you mean the section "Localized TemplaVoila Template Objects" maybe I
> still did not explain well what this issue is about.
>
> The section "Localized TemplaVoila Template Objects" talks about how to
> create a different Template Object for different languages. So it's
> something related to the presentation of the data in the frontend.

in the document the different paradigms are explained, so posting this
link was addressed to all people reading this, may be finding this post
via google when they struggle with localization.

> Instead, my issue is related to the management of the data in the backend.
>
> Please, can you be so kind to try this step by step in one of your backend?
> 1. With "TV page module" selected click on a page with at least 1
> translation
> 2. Create new element of type "Regular text element", write something
> into it and save without closing it.
> 3. In the dropdown "Language" menu, select a [NEW] language.
> 4. Save and close document.
> 5. Click on the button "Create reference" of this just created element
> 6. In the page three, click on a different page. This page must have set
> the same translations of the previous page.
> 7. Click on "Paste element". Now you have a reference to the previous
> created content element with its translation.
> 8. Click on "Create local copy" and confirm.
>
> Now, in all my installations I end with a copy of the previous created
> content element but NOT of its translations.
>
> Does it happen to you too?
>
> Thank you. Regards.
> Ian

i understand what you mean. What i see is that it's not TV-related but
core related.
It seems normal to me that, if you copy an element, it's always handled
as single record. As you described, the translation is in a new record,
so i think you have to copy the translations each manually too.

It's quite difficult to implement such KI - copy single record/copy
single record + all translations/copy single record + versionized
records/ a.s.o.

Do you agree?

vg Steffen