[TYPO3-templavoila] problems in FCE with access to register from Page-Template-TS

Lee Perry leeperry at slack.de
Fri Feb 20 10:19:08 CET 2009

Heya,

is there a possibility in the DS-Typoscript of a FCE to access to a
register, which is created in the Page-Template-Typoscript?

My Situation:
- I defined a navigation (HMENU) in the Page-Template-TS and inside this
HMENU I created a LOAD_REGISTER (named "activeNumber") of the counted
number of the active menue item.
- inside this Page-Template-TS I have no problems to access to this
register via register:activeNumber.
- but if I want to access to this register in a FCE via data =
register:activeNumber or similar valid TypoScript I will get nothing. So
it seems to be empty or not available.

What I have to do to access to a register like this - something with
parentRecord or something else???

Thanx for any help and greetings,
Lee