[TYPO3-templavoila] create copy of fce in other language

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Fri Feb 13 12:06:34 CET 2009

Hi,

Dmitry Dulepov schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> Steffen Kamper wrote:
>> yes, it is possible this way:
>> <langDisable>0</langDisable>
>> <langChildren>1</langChildren>
>>
>> but then you have all translations in one form. I was not able to get it
>> like other CEs where you have it shown as seperate element with the
>> flag. This may look strange in page- or list-module where it looks like
>> the FCE isn't translated, even if it is.
>>
>> Do i overlook something?
>
> I believe the answer is in Kasper's document.

indeed it's explained how to set.

For translations in flexform there are 3 modes:
disabled:
<langDisable>1</langDisable>

Inheritance
<langChildren>1</langChildren>
<langDisable>0</langDisable>

Seperate
<langChildren>0</langChildren>
<langDisable>0</langDisable>

The only (visual) difference between Inheritance and Seperate is the way
it's displayed in flexform.

The (remaining) problem is that all flexform data are translated
"inside" so it looks different in page module - you don't see if it's
translated (will be difficult, as you translate each field inside)

A real bug is, that these elements in list view (independent from the
settings above) allow click on translation, which makes a full copy of
the FCE like it's done for other CEs.

vg Steffen