[TYPO3-templavoila] Drag&Drop of FCEs in TV 1.4.1 Page Module

Joerg Wagner [DigiLog] news.netfielders.de at digilog.de
Wed Dec 16 10:40:17 CET 2009

Hi all,

while the new FCE drag&drop feature works fine in a TYPO3 4.2.10
installation that I build from scratch, it does not work correctly in a
TYPO3 that I recently upgraded from 4.2.9 to 4.2.10.

What happens is that the move-cursor (crossed arrows) appears when I
hover the mouse over the title bar of an FCE but when I push the mouse
button and try to move the FCE this only results in highlighting/marking
text as in any usual non-hotspot area of any website.

I did DB COMPARE and updated all extensions in the migrated system.
Browser and system caches have been cleared. The set of installed
extensions in both systems is largely identical and the few that differ
should not influence the backend.
I tested with FF 3.5.5 and with IE 7 (with identical results).

Any idea what could be the cause of this behaviour?

Cheers, Jörg.