[TYPO3-templavoila] Fixing wrong special chars in database / TV template before updating to 1.4.1

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 11:26:31 CET 2009


On 08/12/2009 12:32, Thomas Russel wrote:
> First, I went to the install tool and enabled setDBinit to
> SET NAMES utf8;

Get rid of the line above. It corrupts database output.

> SET SESSION character_set_server=utf8;
> Now, even the old 1.3.7 TemplaVoila kills all my mappings (except for
> the templateobjects, where the HTML-template file didn't contain special
> characters in the dummy text.

It doesn't. It is wrong database setup, not TemplaVoila that kills the mapping.

> I changed all incorrect entrys like ü to the correct characters like ü.
> And saved the fields.
> But, it is still not working, my mappings are still gone.

Of course it will not. You cannot edit serialized data and hope that it will work. It uses length counters and other calculated values that become wrong after you edit this data. It will not unserialize.

Dmitry Dulepov
"Trust me, I am a doctor!" (c) Gregory House, M.D.

More information about the TYPO3-project-templavoila mailing list