[TYPO3-templavoila] Fixing wrong sepcial chars in TV template before updating to 1.4.1

Thomas Russel blueworm01 at gmx.net
Tue Dec 8 11:00:32 CET 2009

This is sortof in regards to my previous post where I experienced lost
mappings after updating to 1.4.1.

This is apparently due to some faulty characters saved in the database
(german umlaute äöü and the slash '/')

So I thought I oughta correct all wrong entrys in the db and make sure
everything is proper UTF8 BEFORe updating to 1.4.1

First, I went to the install tool and enabled setDBinit to
SET NAMES utf8;
SET CHARACTER SET utf8;
SET SESSION character_set_server=utf8;

Now, even the old 1.3.7 TemplaVoila kills all my mappings (except for
the templateobjects, where the HTML-template file didn't contain special
characters in the dummy text.

So, I went to the table "tx_templavoila_tmplobj" and to the field
"templatemapping" where TV seems to save my HTML-template-document content.

I changed all incorrect entrys like ü to the correct characters like ü.
And saved the fields.

But, it is still not working, my mappings are still gone.

Where else do I have to look for faulty entrys in the database regarding
TemplaVoila?