[TYPO3-templavoila] T3D: import, but mapping information for my DS/TO is missing

Daniela Waranie typo3-community at gmx.de
Wed Apr 8 10:36:18 CEST 2009

Hi Xavier,

> The mapping is stored in table tx_templavoila_tmplobj, field
> templatemapping. Problem is that its content is a serialized PHP array,
> meaning that even if I never used the extension you used (convert2utf8),
> I'm pretty sure it is unable to detect that content is a serialized
> array, meaning that it should unserialize it, convert all content to
> UTF8 and then serialize back the content.
...why should i only convert the contents of the serialized array in
that field from ISO-8859-1 to UTF-8? And not the complete field data?

My target TYPO3 installation is UTF-8 (TYPO3, connection and database) -
php unserialize() works for UTF-8 input, too (as far as i know).

Anyway. I copied the complete field data in phpMyAdmin in my DEV system
(ISO-8859-1) to my windows clipboard and then paste it in phpMyAdmin of
my LIVE system, which stores it as UTF-8. I did that for my 20
TV-TemplateObjects. This saves me from remapping 500 TV TO mapping
fields. It works.

> FYI, I made an private extension that is capable of creating back a
> whole TV DS/TO and mapping. I use it to quickly configure a website that
> should be created multiple times. I just have to read a dump of the
> mapping field and put it again in a SQL statement. It just works great.
I´m interested in your extension. Can you make it public or send it to me?

Best regards
Daniela Waranie