[TYPO3-templavoila] FCE with select option for variable widths according to css grid system

Thomas Rehhoff thomasr at REMOVETHISlinkfactory.dk
Sun Apr 5 22:19:54 CEST 2009

Hi, I've been seearching for a long time for a solution for a FCE I want
to build.

Imagine a site build on a grid system with 12 columns
Now I want to build and FCE that lets the user choose from a select
menu, which grid-widths the FCE should use. The grid widths are defined
in the css classes.

How do I program a select menu, that let's the user choose the final
width for the FCE inserted on the page.

Technically we're talking about a solution to influence the value of the
  class of the div.

My guess is, I map the whole thing normally in TV and then I have to
edit the XML in the DataStructure and write in some Typoscript that
gives me the select menu - but what to write? Or is this the right approach?

Any help appreciated

All the best
Thomas Rehhoff