[TYPO3-templavoila] TypoScript with TV

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Thu Sep 18 16:57:48 CEST 2008

Hi!

>> But I agree that not serving a PDF is not very user-friendly for
>> beginners. It could be done either automatically or be available as
>> another format to any extension. For instance lots of Kasper's
>> documentation are available as DocBook too:
>>
>> http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/core-documentation/doc_core_inside/current/
>
> Well now it is not really Kasper's documentation ;)

;-)

>> while most (if not all) of the extensions are only as HTML or Ooo
>> available. Should developers put a manual.pdf inside doc/ ?
>
> According to the current conventions - no. Only sxw file.

Well, I meant in addition to the sxw, of course. Something else that may
be updated would be to allow .odt files instead of the old sxw.

Other question if you know, I think I saw once a page where one may test
the conversion to html. Did I dream or does it exists somewhere? Because
it is best to test the documentation prior to uploading the extension
(at least the first time-s) than to wait for the conversion to... fail
or not be perfect.

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en/tutorials/typo3.html