[TYPO3-templavoila] Inserting text with images descritpion text confuses editors

Simon Tuck stu at rtpartner.ch
Mon Oct 6 21:22:53 CEST 2008

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:

> How to solve this for TYPO3? I do not know. May be we should have 2-3
> volonteers, whi will act as this middle layer between developers and
> normal users?
>
> The problem is that as a developer I do not feel like I want to
> interrogate users about problem details and put entries to BT myself. I
> can do it but I feel it will be better if I do my main work
> (development). So it is often har for users to bring their thoughts to
> developers...
I agree. But TV is such a mission critical component for TYPO3 that it
could well be worth adding a layer to review patches, bugfixes change
requests etc.

> I think original "fathers" made a mistake when decided to keep
> information in XML. XML was cool and modern at those times. But it
> turned out to be time consuming and impossible to use in TS.
imo This is a major problem. Within the context of the TYPO3 framework
TV often feels very foreign.
> even an idea to get rid of XML completely (for TV 2.0) but this is a
> huge work and no one will pay that. Original fathers were paid by
> Dassault to create TV, they could afford this big development. I can't
> :( It would take two months *at least* and no one will pay that.

I would be very interested to know what your thoughts are on TV 2.0
Perhaps you could launch this as a sponsored project? I for one would be
happy to contribute.

Cheers,
Simon