[TYPO3-templavoila] Indexing External Documents

Nick Weisser typo3 at openstream.ch
Mon May 19 14:56:11 CEST 2008

Hi there,

I'm using TYPO3 4.1.5 together with Indexed Search 2.10.0 and
TemplaVoila 1.3.3 having a hard time with the indexing of external
documents.

I've double-checked my plugin.tx_indexedsearch.rootPidList to point to
the correct page ID as well as config.index_externals to be enabled.
Normal page content is being indexed correctly, but neither file links
in normal text elements nor file references in file elements are being
indexed.

I've deleted the index search cache of the page in question and then
reloaded the front-end page, but again only the normal text is being
indexed. I've checked the path to the conversion utilities such as
pdftotext and used them on the command line without any problems.

I've not only tried PDF documents, but also Word, Open Document and RTF
documents.

Is there anything else I might be missing that could prevent external
documents from being indexed? Is this possibly a bug in TemplaVoila? Is
there any debugging tool built into indexed search that I can enable?
Any server side debugging that could help?

Any pointers would be very much appreciated.

Cheers, Nick