[TYPO3-templavoila] html comments and TV

Franz Koch typo.removeformessage at fx-graefix.de
Fri Jan 25 14:10:36 CET 2008

Hi Dmitry,
> Franz Koch wrote:
>> there is absolutely no need for that. I f.e. never map any header data
>> with TV - I always add it with TypoScript and in 90% of all sites I
>> have a conditional comment for IE.
>
> I only have t say that this is officially discouraged way with TV.

well, when it's the only clean way to get it working without hacking the
core, I don't care about official statements (don't get this wrong -
it's not ment against you Dmitry).
Writing the filter-stuff in the regular CSS makes the CSS invalid. And
in fact I'm really sick of using the '* html' hack with extra hacks for
IE Mac or whatever. A conditional comment is just perfect for it. No
extra pages in cache like with TS browser conditions - just one simple
template, nicely separated css files with all hacks and modifications in
one place, and one location where the header data is created.

If somebody knows a better way to achieve this for different versions of
IE and not flooding the cache tables with TS-browser-conditions - I'm
always willing to learn.

--
Greetings,
Franz