[TYPO3-templavoila] html comments and TV

Vladimir Podkovanov podkovanov at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 13:20:10 CET 2008

2008/1/23, Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] <dmitry at typo3.org>:

> This is a limitation of TYPO3 html parser. TV cannot do anything about it.
>
> If some big company really needs it, they may sponsor fixing the issue. This would take lots of time and truly speaking I am against conditional comments, so I am not willing to make it for free. I was always able to achieve results without conditional comments. Even with transparent PNGs.

Thank you for answer, I've acheived result with transparent PNG but
the solution takes every browser to download javascript code and parse
it when the code is needed only for IE5.5-6.0 so it is dirty way. And
there is another solution with hacks in CSS and it is dirty way too.
Conditional comment looks like smallest evil.

And anyway what if I need just to preserve html comments in the
template, I can imagine such case then I need include copyright note
or something like that, just for those guys who will be studing html
code.

So maybe I take a look into the parser sometime later.

-rgds-
Vladimir