[TYPO3-templavoila] html comments and TV

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Wed Jan 23 08:29:29 CET 2008

Hi!

Vladimir Podkovanov wrote:
> is it still no way to pick up html comments from template?

No.

> The only solution to prevent other browsers from parsing that additional
> code is to use conditional
> comments but TV seem does not include any comment from template. Is it true
> or there is
> some way to achive it?

This is a limitation of TYPO3 html parser. TV cannot do anything about it.

If some big company really needs it, they may sponsor fixing the issue. This would take lots of time and truly speaking I am against conditional comments, so I am not willing to make it for free. I was always able to achieve results without conditional comments. Even with transparent PNGs.

TYPO3 core team
Web: http://typo3bloke.net/
Skype: callto:liels_bugs