[TYPO3-templavoila] Getting a field value from the page in an FCE

Simon Tuck stu at rtpartner.ch
Thu Feb 28 03:24:50 CET 2008

Hiya!
Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] wrote:

> Of course not. It is not possible to get field from flexform through TS.
> TYPO3 does not support it.

I know. To be honest a more direct link between TV and TS would be
really helpful. I'm aware that it's not on the menu at the moment, but
it would be a great feature. One of the most frustrating things about TV
is the disconnect between the traditional TS approach and the
Information stored in the flexform fields. I've become fond of TV, as it
enables me to really customise the backend elements, but the flip-side
is that some stuff which is pretty simple in TS is virtually impossible
in a datastructure. For example, sliding a content element or grabbing a
value from a different content element or page etc.
So anyway, just my 2 cents...
Cheers,
Simon