[TYPO3-templavoila] Wish list for TV

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Wed Dec 17 10:51:58 CET 2008

Hi,

> Steffen Kamper wrote:
>>> This is not only TV change. It requires lots of large changes in the
>>> TYPO3 core too :( It is core, who shows forms and processed values
>>> when they are saved. So this feature is least likely to comne to TV.
>>>
>> not really, it is already implemented. See the ext from Bastian where he
>> activated this setting [1].
>> There is only a small bug for "new elements"
>>
>> vg Steffen
>>
>> [1] http://forge.typo3.org/projects/show/extension-np_includeds
>
> This is a different feature. It is called "static DS for page/FCE" and it is listed as a feature request in the bug tracker already. Including DS from file means that you still use XML field but you can put something like this into XML field:
>
> <?xml encoding="utf-8"?>
> <include file="fileadmin/part1.xml" />
> <include file="fileadmin/part2.xml" />
> <include file="fileadmin/part3.xml" />

I would find the inclusion of external files for DS definitively great
but I do not think that the inclusion of external files as <include
file=""/> XML element is the best way to solve this problem. What I
would to be able to do is to ask TV to store the definition in a
external file and read it from there. If I update the DS from within TV
wizards, I want my external file to be updated. How may external files
be updated if I may include multiple external files like proposed above?

I do not know requirements from other people but for me this use case
would be enough:

- Create a DS/TO record, have an option to store this in an external file
- TV updates his internal XML structure _and_ the external file upon save
- TV goes on using the internal XML structure to render items
- Upon external file update, a warning icon is shown, just as for
template updates and a button may be clicked to "synchronize" external
file with internal structure => copy external content to internal structure.

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en/tutorials/typo3.html