[TYPO3-templavoila] Verifications

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Mon Aug 25 11:28:35 CEST 2008

Niels Fröhling wrote:
> Hy;
>
> I need some verifications if I understood correctly:
>
> - TV does not register it's flex-values in TS, thus it's not possible to
> do something similar to {$field_when} in a TS-Setup, though referenced
> by TypoScriptObject. [TV-List: Getting a field value from the page in an
> FC]

TV does not register anything. Flexform fields are stored in XML, this why you cannot access these fields from TS.

> - TV by default substitutes all fields in local <TypoScript>-Blocks.
> [TV-List: hiding complicated settings of frontendextensions by using an
> FCE]

Sorry, I did not understand.

> - TV does not process the <eType>none</eType> itself. [Observation, I
> mined the source with print_r and the none-types never appear,
> <proc><stdWrap> does not get interpreted, <TypoScript> neither]

Right.

> - TV has no <eType>ts</eType>, but it's okay to substitue that with
> <eType>link</eType>. [TV-List: hiding complicated settings of
> frontendextensions by using an FCE - it renders a gallery with the
> link-type!?]

You can use "none" or TS object path field.

> - The attribute-element applies itself to the parent element. [Guess, I
> didn't find any information]

Element does not apply itself to anything. Its value from template is substituted with another value.

For example, if you had:

and you map "href", you can do this in DS XML:

<TypoScript>
	10 = TEXT
	10.typolink {
		parameter = 12345
		returnLast = url
	}
</TypoScript>

> - Or the attribute-element applies itself to previous sibling element.
> [Conclusion, as we can have childs for regular elements]
>
> - The attribute-element can be of none-type, with <TypoScript>, that
> get's processed, allowing to map any fields value into an attribute of a
> tag. [T3-german: FCE mit TSObject - uid des aktuellen FCE ausgeben für
> Javascript]

Yes.

> - A section-element can be of any type, which is ignored anyway, and
> even if mapped on OUTER will always render the mapped tag. [Experience,
> I don't get the tag away]

When you create a section, you cannot choose the type.

> It's just very thin information about the most advances features of TV
> out there. So I would be really thankfull for some talk about this.
> I actualy would like to do exactly the same as the rggallery thing:
>
>                    <eType>ts</eType>

Use "none" here or TS object path.

>                    <TypoScript>
> lib.collectedActivities = CONTENT
> lib.collectedActivities {
>    table = tt_content
>      select {
>        # "type" is a select which contains the pids of the sys-folders
> we extract the entries from, <index="1"> should contain the pid-numbers
>        pidInList = {$register:field_type[1]}
>        where = tx_templavoila_to IN(1)
>    }
>
>    renderObj = COA
>    renderObj {
>      10 < tt_content
>
> #     ...
>    }
>      # "when" is a date-picker, <index="2"> should contain the id-fragments
>    stdWrap.wrap = <div class="popup"
> id="cal_{$register:field_when[2]}_{$register:field_type[2]}"> | </div>
> }
>                    </TypoScript>

TYPO3 Core team
In the blog: http://typo3bloke.net/pages/book-reviews/presentation-zen-by-garr-reynolds/