[TYPO3-templavoila] Best practice - 1 DS, many TO

Jan Bednarik info at bednarik.org
Wed Aug 20 22:22:40 CEST 2008

Hey guys,

I've started to use TV just recently, so I'm not sure about a lot of
stuff. One thing that bothers me is that I've usually got about 3 or
more TO with different content layout and when I want to change/add
element that's common for all TO (such as footer, language selector), I
need to go through all TO mappings and assign the new element manually.
This gets really anoying with more than 3 TO. Is there a way how to add
new element to DS easily without having to open all TO?

Another thing is, that I start with one template, set all neccessary
mapping. Then, I create another template and because I'm lazy, I copy
the first template, so I don't have to set all common mapping again. The
problem is, elements from first template, that are not present in the
second template, give me warning, because they have their mapping set,
but the element doesn't exist in the second template. And there's no way
how to delete just some mappings and not all of them.

So, how do you handle more templates? Do you click stuff for every
template again and again?

--
Jan Bednarik
www.bednarik.org - web about Typo3 in czech