[TYPO3-templavoila] how to use "One huge redundant DS - Many different TOs"?

Ron Hall ronslists at busynoggin.com
Wed Aug 20 16:56:54 CEST 2008

Hi MaaBoo,

I think the behavior you are experiencing is because you are probably
using the same HTML file for both TOs. In effect the DS fields are not
being used but the HTML you have in the template still shows up (as
expected).

If you make a copy of the HTML file, delete the two items that you do
not want and use that for the basis of the other TOs it will work. As
before you would not map those DS fields on those templates. In others
words you can have one DS but you have to use multiple HTML files for
the TOs.

BTW. What you are trying to do works best with fields that have TS
driven output. If they are fields which are for the user to place
content then it is best to do an additional DS.

Hope this helps,
Ron