[TYPO3-templavoila] Creating FCE manually

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Wed Aug 13 11:00:09 CEST 2008

Just putting this thread up again, hopping for Dmitry or someone else to
pop up :)

How can someone (from an extension) dynamically create a new FCE?

Nikolas seems to have the same problem than me and I'm not quite
satisfied with my solution. I know I have a FCE with certain
characteristics such as "3 columns of content". Somehow I can retrieve
its record (till now only with a select when knowing something "static"
such as the html filename it is based on, or its title). But then I
would like to be able to create such tt_content element automatically,
giving the "API" only a list of tt_content uid that should be placed in
left, center and right column (in my example).

Is it possible at all without hardcoding the flex code with placeholders
in the extension?

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en/tutorials/typo3.html