[TYPO3-templavoila] Problem with migration of charset to utf-8

Kay Strobach typo3 at kay-strobach.de
Sat Apr 5 20:57:53 CEST 2008

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] schrieb:

> $TYPO3_CONF_VARS['BE']['forceCharset'] = 'utf-8';	//  Modified or inserted by

>> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1" standalone="yes" ?>
>
> Encoding is set to iso-8859-1 but you have this line in XML:
>
>>                     <value index="vDEF">Arbeit klassenübergreifend in
>> Kleingruppen zu maximal 15 Schülern</value>
>
> Therefor it will be converted to UTF-8 but XML header will still say
> iso-8859-1. XML parser will report invalid character in such case and
> you will see empty field because XML cannot be parsed.
>
> Try modifying encoding attribute manually and set it to utf-8.

Hello Dimitry,

i've done this, before and again, after your description using
phpmyadmin (t3ext)

Images say often more than words ...:
before change:
http://www.sn.schule.de/cms/fileadmin/temp/typo3.templavoila-.utf8.problem.overview.png
after change:
http://www.sn.schule.de/cms/fileadmin/temp/typo3.templavoila-.utf8.problem.overview-afterchangetuxmlutf-8.png
so i think the converter doesn't convert the templaviola fields to utf8
(xml prologue and charset ...)

I set the following option in the localconf manually short before the
conversion to utf-8
localconf.php:
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['BE']['forceCharset'] = 'utf-8';

If i create a new ContentElement based on an existing FCE everything
works fine.

The great question I have is ... why is the preview in the pagemodule
shown (from charset, but content is visible), the content in fe(like be
prieview) is visible, but it's nothing in the form, if I wanna edit the
fields ... are there different rendering methods?

regards kay

PS: I use templavoila  	1.3.3