[TYPO3-templavoila] Problem with migration of charset to utf-8

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Sat Apr 5 20:16:31 CEST 2008

Hi!

Kay Strobach wrote:
> i migrated the Typo3 Installation on
> http://www.sn.schule.de/cms/sba-offener-unterricht/faecherverbindender-unterricht/klasse-8/reis-ein-kleines-korn-ernaehrt-die-welt/
> to UTF8 with convert2utf8
> http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/convert2utf8/1.0.6/
>
> this works nearly perfectly for all the elements in tt_content. but not
> for the fce's you see on the page linked above.
> BUT THE FIELDS IN THE BACKEND ARE EMPTY!!!

I think I know why. Take a look into XML header:

> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1" standalone="yes" ?>

Encoding is set to iso-8859-1 but you have this line in XML:

>                     <value index="vDEF">Arbeit klassenübergreifend in
> Kleingruppen zu maximal 15 Schülern</value>

Therefor it will be converted to UTF-8 but XML header will still say iso-8859-1. XML parser will report invalid character in such case and you will see empty field because XML cannot be parsed.

Try modifying encoding attribute manually and set it to utf-8.

TYPO3 core team
Web: http://typo3bloke.net/
Skype: callto:liels_bugs