[TYPO3-templavoila] Include external XML as DS ? // Include DS in DS ?

Jens Hoffmann jens.hoffmann at dkd.de
Tue Mar 6 13:06:48 CET 2007

Dmitry Dulepov schrieb:
> Jens Hoffmann wrote:
>> 1. Is it possible to have a external XML for the DS informations?
>
> Currently only for static data structures but there is a feature request
> to make it possible for other types too.
>
>> 2. Is there any way to include same information into tow DS structures?
>>    I have about 30 FCEs, they are "effect container" witch are using
>>    a SelectBox to give me the ability to select effects. They are
>>    map with some attributes in div tags (for eg. class).
>>    The main "Content Element" in every FCE are different but the effects
>>    are always the same. So now I like to have a global effects XML.
>
> If differences are only in the select bo and all other fields are the
> same, you need only one DS and override details for select box using
> local processing xml in TO.

Thanks for this really quick answer !!!!! Impressive !!!

I think i explained it wrong. I try it again: :)

Every FCE contains:
1. 1 - 4 "Content Element"-Fields
2. 3 select boxes with the effects settings

The 30 FCEs use all different "Content Element"-Fields!
But the Effects are always the same.
So on the end i need different TO and DS because of (1).

But what i try to do, is that i have a global effects DS.
So if I need to change a effect it will be done in all
FCEs!!! Right now i have to go over all FCEs by hand and
change the XML source. That is really quite unhandy :)
And takes quite long .....

Something like this, would be grate .... <include = efx.xml />

Greez Jens